Independent Cancer Patients' Voice (ICPV) is a patient advocate group independent of established UK cancer charities and aware of the value of medical research to
both public health and to the national economy.
Our aim is to improve existing treatments for every cancer patient and develop new treatments by bringing
the patients’ voice into clinical research.
We do this by:
- educating, supporting and mentoring patients so that they can have an equal voice with clinicians and
- We are informed and committed patient advocates and we can play an increasingly effective role in
educating both potential patients and professional staff as to the benefits of clinical trials and research.
- The core members of our group are located throughout the UK and we have a good mix of business,
healthcare and scientific knowledge and experience. We also have a strong network of individuals and groups of cancer (and non-cancer) patients to help us to determine the research questions that
cancer patients would like answered and to raise the profile of clinical trials among the patient community and thus increase accrual as well as improve outcomes for future
- We have an active online discussion group where members can exchange views and review research papers in
a secure space.
- We have support of the clincial and research community with a keen interest in teaching us at study
days on the science/biology/genetics of cancer and the development of new treatments.